Tuesday 29 December 2009

Nic Martin's Best Films of the Decade

Well, this is my list as it stands today. I know there's stuff I'm mising, I just can't remember what off the top of my head. So here, it is:

Children of Men (Alfonso CuarĂ³n, 2006)
Cloverfield (Matt Reeves, 2008)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Michel Gondry, 2004)
Lord of the Rings (Peter Jackson, 2001-2003)
Memento (Christopher Nolan 2000)
Mulholland Drive (David Lynch 2001)
Oldboy (Park Chan-Wook, 2003)
Shaun of the Dead (Edgar Wright, 2004)
There Will Be Blood (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2008)
Zodiac (David Fincher, 2008)

The long list (in no particular order)
Pan's Labyrinth; Let The Right One In; The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou; A Very Long Engagement; Moon; Kill Bill Vol.1; Walle-E; No Country For Old Men; The Bourne Supremacy; Finding Nemo; The Assisnation of Jesse Jame by the Coward Robert Ford; Magnolia (wrong decade alas); Up; The Royal Tenenbaums; Being John Malkovich; The Dark Knight; City of God; Snakes on a Plane

3 comments:

  1. As you are fully aware, I hate Eternal Sunshine, it is complete nonsense and incredibly irritating. The Lord of Rings trilogy are just plain boring and you should keep your fanboy folly off this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see that Philip is promoting freedom of speech on this blog. And by the way Eternal Sunshine is great and The Lord of the Rings is brilliant. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eternal Sunshine is awful! Just thinking about that film is annoying me.

    ReplyDelete